Entertainment

Jamie Laing: Strictly Come Dancing 2019 host Tess Daly CONFIRMS replacement before launch | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Jamie Laing, 30, saw his Strictly Come Dancing 2019 journey come to an end before he even got the chance to debut his moves on the dance floor after suffering an injury while filming tonights pre-recorded launch show. Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, presenter Tess Daly, 50, revealed the Made In Chelsea stars spot would be filled by another male celebrity. He will be replaced, she said. I can confirm there will be a replacement stepping in.

I think theres an announcement to be made on Sunday, she added. I know I find out Sunday.

I cant say who it is just yet but it will be a chap, she teased.

Explaining what happened to cause Jamies injury, the Strictly host continued: I feel very sorry for Jamie because he was so excited about taking part.

He was like a giddy schoolchild on the day we filmed the launch show and he just couldnt wait to get on the dance floor.

It was literally the first move that he took on the dance floor, she said.

He pulled something that he shouldnt have in his foot, went completely white with pain and, on doctors advice, had to pull out of the show.

Hes devastated, I know for a fact hes absolutely gutted, the presenter added.

Earlier this week, it was revealed Jamie would no longer be competing in this years Strictly but would be featuring in the launch show, having been part of filming last week.

Im absolutely devastated that Im unable to continue int he competition, he said. I was so excited to hit the dance floor!

I would like to wish the lovely couples all the very best and hope they enjoy their time on the show to the fullest.

Yesterday, bookies Paddy Power revealed their odds on who could be set to replace Jamie.

Virgin Radios Chris Evans, 53, was at 6/4, while Scarlett Moffatt, 29, was at 2/1.

Also in the running were Tim Lovejoy, 51, Vogue Williams, 33, and Sam Allardyce, 64.

Meanwhile, Tess has partnered up with O2 and the NSPCC to launch their Net Aware campaign, a site which gives parents guidance on the latest apps, social media sites and games in order to help them keep their children safe online.

I got involved as a concerned parent, she explained. Im the parent of two young girls, one 10 and one soon to be 15, and obviously my childs safety is my number one priority.

This campaign is brilliant because it helps parent understand more about how they can protect their kids during their time spent online, on apps, gaming or socialising networks, Tess continued.

Keeping kids safe online can feel quite overwhelming for parents in general because there are so many apps, apps arriving on an almost hourly basis.

The NetAware campaign is important because I think it is vital we do look after our childrens online lives as we do in the real world.

Since kids are born, parents hold their hands, they teach them dangers in the real world, whether its crossing the road or holding sharp objects, she noted. We need to apply that same level of scrutiny to kids online.

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 launches tonight at 7.10pm on BBC One.

O2 and NSPCC have created Net Aware, a website where parents can learn about the latest apps and games and get tips on how to keeps their kids safe online:https://net-aware.org.uk

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More